Founder/ Director/ Head Coach
Philip is the founder of Tennis in Greece. He takes pride in delivering a fun and productive tennis session, be it for a group of young aspiring tennis players or for the seasoned doubles veterans! Philip has built an excellent reputation through his enthusiastic and fun approach to learning the game. His goal is for all the players to feel included throughout the whole group practice, for each individual to expand their on-court strengths whilst limiting and understanding how to deal with their weaknesses and leave the court feeling happy, challenged and with a greater confidence.
Philip as a coach
- 20 years of coaching experience
- Started career off at David Lloyd’s racket club (U.K.)
- Coaches young athletes including players who reached the top 10 of Greece’s Junior Circuit
- Head coach at one of Athens most picturesque tennis clubs, organizing the everyday schedules of his coaches, coordinating the tennis experience for over 200 junior players in the academy and driving the adults to enjoy and learn the sport.
- Creates and executes personalized tennis plans maximizing his players strengths and improving their weaknesses.
- LTA (UK) qualified coach
Philip as a player
- Member of Durham university tennis team (1999-2003) helping in winning the British Universities Division Championships
- Extensive experience on the ITF Futures tour
Philip as a person
- Keen long distance runner having completed over 10 marathons and the notorious Zagori 80km trail race
- Avid rock climber
- Nature lover